31 Jul 2008
CAN Institutional members at Capacity Building Training Program
A Training program on Capacity Development for IT Business was organized at chamber bhawan, Kantipath from July 13-18, 2008 conducted by representatives from EU-Asia Invest program Dr Andre Mostert and Mr. Daniel Van Deventer. 24 Institutional members of CAN participated in the training program which aimed to increase the efficiency of the participants in the matchmaking event, improve their import-export capacities and increase the inter-cultural and negotiation skills. The training was a part of the NEP-AL IT (Nepal Europe Pakistan Alliance on Information Technology) Project being funded by the EU-Asia Invest Program. NEP-AL IT is a project that aims to contribute to the development of EU-Asia business relations, enhancing internationalisation of SMEs in the ICT sector of the involved countries. . The coverage of the training session were as follows:
• Introduction to global economies;
• Developing an international focus;
• Local, national and international IT sectors- realities and myths, industry standards, practices and quality assurance procedures;
• Thinking globally acting local- towards robust matching relationships;
• Business plans- strategic and operational;
• Practical financial management;
• Contracting and staffing;
• Project management and on-going business development.
This training was conducted in preparation for the upcoming big event where more than 140 companies from Europe will be coming to Nepal for match making with Nepalese IT companies. It was a highly beneficial training provided by the representatives of EU-Asia Invest Program.